Tsundoku Welcome


So this is my first blog in relation to my new site...

I chose the name Tsundoku because I was sorta just browsing the internet for ideas to create a cohesive theme and I came across this article about "Words All Book Lovers Should Know."   A memo I had clearly missed.  Tsundoku was one of the words on said list.  It's Japanese and there is no single English word that it translates too, which therefore makes it mystical to me.  It's used to describe the act of collecting reading material but then just letting it pile up in ones home without actually reading it.  This is in essence, a perfect description of my life.  I have the best of the intentions, really I do.  Except when I signed up for that B&N account this year.  That was really because I am obsessed with "Collector Editions" and cannot stop buying them.  In my defense though, they are so pretty and leather-bound, sometimes they have fancy leafing.  Which of course means I can't actually read them...that's obviously why the binding gods created soft covers...

  So the general idea of the site is to

 just give me one place to compile all my reviews and discussions but also build a community to read with.  I spent a lot of time on Goodreads building a following a few years ago, but when I had my daughter I struggled to do as many creative things and I just couldn't dedicate myself to any sort of scheduled online media at all.  She's three now....and pretty cute if I do say so myself, much less needy which is a big plus and I feel like putting the effort to get this thing going again is worthwhile. Right now the big picture is.  To do a read through of all Robin Hobb's Elderling Books.  I've already read it to be honest, but I like to read good books more than once.  Not-so-good books go to the Little Free Public Library which is the equivalent of purgatory, let the universe decide on that shit.  
  Anywho, I set up the scheduling for the big read on the main page and I think it's do-able.  I already have the Audiobooks so I will be going through on Audible.  If you have that format too I'd love to chat about your opinions on the reader over in the forum.  I will probably put up a general podcast on Sunday.  My future blogs and podcasts will mostly be about the reading, with a few off the cuff contributions based on my mood.  If anyone wants to do a hangout and set up a date to talk opinions on the reading, or books we have in common, hit me up in the email section.  I have pretty much everything I've read the last few years on my Goodreads account and I'm pretty cool to talk about any of them.



So that's basically all for now...

If you haven't had a chance to click around yet over on Tsundoku, please do!  Check out what I've made, send me feedback, hit the forum.  I can check in relatively regularly.  If we get enough people it would be cool to develop a team to work on the Realm of the Elderlings Wikia. Especially since the read should go well into next year.  The index has plenty of room for improvements.  I have a lot of experience writing for the KKC Wikia so it would be fun to work on a new project now that the KKC Wikia is pretty legit.  Anywho, I guess that's it for now.  I'll check back over the next couple days and hopefully we'll get a blog post up about Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell soon.


"There is little in life so reassuring as a genuine welcome."

- Fool's Errand, Robin Hobb -



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June Reading

Unapologetic Monologist