Unapologetic Monologist

So, in case you somehow missed the information, 

I posted the first Podcast last night.  I think it went alright.  I had a couple flubs but what can I say, I'm only human.  I'm really looking forward to reading with everyone.  I'm a little over halfway through Assassin's Apprentice right now, so I think I'll be starting Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by next week.  I literally have no idea what Jonathan Strange is about at all, so I'm curious to see how it goes.  For now though, I'm enjoying Assassin's Apprentice.  I forgot how much I loved the character of Patience, she is such an interesting and enjoyable individual, also I have always felt so conflicted about FitzChivalry's feelings toward Burrich as a child.  I guess in a way we all resent our guardians in the early teens, but once you become an adult it's sometimes hard to remember that. I guess it just seems so irrational the more you begin to relate to the adult side of life.  In a way,  it makes me a little sad because I know I am coming to a turning point in my own life when I start to relate more strongly to the loving authority figure than to the younger and more adventurous child.  Tis the way of things I suppose.

Anyway, if you get a chance to listen to the podcast let me know what you think.  

I would love to get more people involved in it so maybe we could do some discussions on air.  I put a few posts up in the forum as well.  I slapped a coverage of some of my favorite characters besides FitzChilvary Farseer up.  So go take a look at that, and tell me some of yours so I can give them a once over, or if I have read them maybe we can chat about them. One of mine is Guy Montag from Fahrenheit 451 and I'm thinking of doing that as the stand alone read for July since I saw that HBO put out a movie for it and I'm kinda dying to watch it now.  So if I do the read on that I'll probably watch the movie also and we can discuss my love/hate relationship with what I term as "Book to Movies."   It's like, I can't stop watching them despite the fact I mostly despise them, which really just encourages more to be made....It's a problem.  I haven't put up the promised post on Worldbuilding yet, I am still trying to put my thoughts together in a cohesive manner regarding the subject since I really nerd-out on that sort of thing sometimes and that just leads to me sounding practically illiterate.

Until next post,

keep up to date in the forum, and I'll post some stuff up when I finish Assassin's Apprentice.  Definitely intend to send an update when I do the blog and podcasts for it.  So keep an eye out and if you have time, follow me on either Goodreads, Twitter, or Google+, I just added a group link for Google+ this morning, so I'll put updates in there as well.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June Reading

Tsundoku Welcome